Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Does Balch Springs need a smoking ban???

Really? So we want to be big. we want this city to grow. but do we need a smoking ban? Why? I am not against a reasonable ordinance. What is a REASONABLE ordinance?
A reasonable ordinance is one that allows the property/business owner to maintain control of his clientel without having the local government tell him or her how to do it. the ordinance needs to look at each establishment not a broad wide sweeping one rule dits all like was passed in Ennis a few years ago.
how do you look at it with out a broad wide sweep? Does the business cater to children? if so then yes no smoking inside. does the business sell alcohol as 51% of its yearly income? If yes then odds are children wont be inside and smokers WELCOME IN. does the establishment sell alcohol and tobacco as 51% of its yearly income? Again welcome the smokers.
When my children are with me I look for resturants that do not have smoking. when my boys are not with me I look for smoking establishments.
I believe in a free market. I believe in a persons right to choose. Sorry CITY PLANNERS I DISAGREE WITH A SMOKING BAN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment